1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pepsi 400 photo: WARNING

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Jul 1, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

NASCAR-PEPTJ just moved, caption says it's Stewart climbing out of his car after victory.

Car No. 8 is, of course, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Frankly, I don't know why he was celebrating, but it sure ain't Tony.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The correction they sent is STILL WRONG.

That photo is not from last night's Pepsi 400. It was from the Busch race the night before.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This thread is useless witho...o, never mind.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We're your full-service desk. ;)

[​IMG]

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think we, in sweet home Alabama, were responsible for making the first calls on this art ... we called our state bureau first, which resulted in the first (incorrect) correction. Finally, we did as I had initially suggested and called the NY photo desk directly.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Actually, I made the first call to NY, telling them it was Earnhardt. But I didn't know at the time it was from the Busch race, so we made a second call. :-X

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was overstating for comic effect. In fact, when we finally called NY, it sounded like they were fixing it.

Draft saved Draft deleted