1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who go off the deep end

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Mikey had sexual intercourse — with an actual living, breathing woman — at my alma mater?

Awesome. Never have I been more proud to attend CUP.

2. Brodie is the better character and has the better name, though Banky was in the better film.
    How about Quiet Robert?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

W

O

W

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Now there's a thought. Ultimately, I'll probably have to choose away from the chronicles, though Holden might be a possibility if it weren't for my last name because of the future girl. But my kid's nickname will definitely be directly from those movies.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I thought you'd like that, BYH.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Never at Clarion. Just with a person who went to Clarion. I slept next to her at Clarion, but that's it there.

7. Hey Mikey, remember how I told you about the Smodcasts? You ever check them out?
    They're back to updating. Really, really funny stuff.

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/category/smodcast/

You could name your daughter Maya, Gwen or Alyssa.

If your son isn't Brodie, how about Randal?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This show, and most others I enjoy, were a big part of my childhood. I watched them over and over and over again. And I began reciting the lines and memorizing the placement of the people in the scenes. Then I started to analyze them. Because I watched them so much when I was younger -- at 8, 9 and 10 -- it became extremely easy to do. For some reason, I've been able to attain most of these through the last 13-17 years.

I was walking with my ex-girlfriend today, and I was telling her how I wrote you guys that long story about Mario Lopez, and then I discussed some other shows, and she stopped me and said, "You know, when I think of all the information you could have in your head, it baffles me. But instead, you use it for early '90s television."

I said, "What's your point?" And she gave up.

The show was popular when I was in elementary school, and if you ask a bunch of people my age, they'll have fond memories of it; not all of them, but I'm betting about 60-70 percent. It's like when an '80s song comes on the radio, and all these memories come floating back in your mind. Well, that's what happens to me with these shows, especially Saved By The Bell. Instead of relishing it for 23 minutes and moving on, I decided to study them. It's like Buckweaver and baseball -- only this probably won't help me on as many (if any) levels.

I really like the shows, and I've always been interested in the back stories. This is my hobby, I suppose.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I checked one of them out, but only for a couple minutes. I did like what I heard, though. I'll give that one a listen now.

And the girl's name is already picked out -- and approved (providing things work out) -- and it's got nothing to do with the chronicles.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just came up with a great way for Webby to raise money: We all vie to host Mikey's next sexual experience. We keep bidding each other up until Mikey finally says "OK, I found a dying virgin to fuck me." Whomever has the top bid hosts it.

Not only do you help SportsJournalists.com, you forever get to be known as the person who hosted Mikey the night he re-lost his virginity.

We have to get this done. I'll start the bidding at $10,000.

11. I'm almost exactly the same age as Mike and I too enjoyed SBTB. In fact, I can still sing that theme song and remember watching the show on Saturday mornings. It was the only non-cartoon I watched at that time.
    My tastes have moved on, though...

12. The one where they talked about "Lost" is absolutely hilarious, if I am remembering the right one. I don't watch that show, but they start talking about what they would do if they were wrecked on an island and their banter is hysterical.
    Scott talks about hiding behind a coconut tree to masturbate. Kevin says he'd hang out on the beach and let Scott do all the foraging/building/etc.
    Kevin wants to know how long they'd have to be on the island before they had sex. He seems disappointed when Scott doesn't say, "12 hours."

Draft saved Draft deleted