1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People on ESPN (broadcast only) who you like

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Shulman was the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball radio guy for years. Before that, he did Blue Jays games on TSN, Canada's version of ESPN.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Always liked Jeannine Edwards, even moreso now (sorry if this was posted elsewhere; I didn't see it):

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/jeannine-edwards-confirms-ron-franklin-insulted-her-29392

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Kiper.

Todd
    Very good point.

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Thanks, Steak. No wonder I wasn't familiar with him. As a Pirates fane, ESPN Sunday Night Baseball has been pretty low on my list.

And Ron Franklin can't say that shit to our Jeannine Edwards. She does a great job on horse racing. She even did a dressage exhibition on the main track for the crowd at Saratoga this year.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Didn't Ron Franklin do a similar thing to Holly Rowe on air a few years ago?

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Correct.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/richard_deitsch/01/03/media.franklin/index.html

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

College (football) Gameday is the only show they haven't managed to screw up but they're trying. Love that crew.

And I'd like to see Urban Meyer replace Mark May.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really?

I don't have any feelings for the guy one way or the other, but I've just never seen him as someone with great pull or someone who galvanizes fans, a la Vitale or Billy Packer. I'm not a big CFB guy, though, so I'm honestly curious as to what I might have missed.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with galvanizing fans.

College football is the one sport where opinion matters in who plays for the championship and Herbstreit is on TV talking about who should be ranked where for about 20 hours a week.

Whether they want to admit it or not, pollsters listen.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Certainly easier to listen to Herbstreit et al for 20 minutes than watch the games. Polls suck.

Whenever I see May by himself he's OK. When he has to do the back-and-forth clown show with Holtz, he ends up on Lou's level of suckitude.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm in the wrong biz, but I never watch SportsCenter, I try not to listen to the announcers when I watch a game and I absolutely cannot stand sports talk radio.

I'd seriously rather listen to Rush Limbaugh.

12. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

I'd love to see some games where they just have the sounds of the stadium, no announcers. I would go out of my way to watch those.

Draft saved Draft deleted