1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People on ESPN (broadcast only) who you like

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Mayne Event deserves to be mentioned among the worst ideas and worst things ESPN has ever done. He is great HOSTING sportscenter though.

I like most of the college football people, which I think is what ESPN covers the best.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Donovan McNabb Terrell Owens McNabb Owens TO McNabb Tony Romo Owens Romo TO McNabb. I'm Sal Paolantonio, ESPN.

3. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

I'm glad no one has said Rachel Nichols. I get uncomfortable watching her trying to get through a stand-up. Seems way too forced.

Sara Walsh is a yes!

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But God, he's pleasant and straightforward, without being a douche. In the top bracket, there.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Kirk Herbstreit (quite possibly the most influential media member in the country, in any sport)
    Dan Shulman
    Dave Campbell (though I don't know that he does anything other than radio anymore)
    Tim Kurkjian
    Buster Olney
    Matthew Berry
    Aaron Boone
    Chris Fowler
    Tom Luginbill
    Mel Kiper

As for how someone mentioned they'd use Meyer ... if Corso retires, they'd just slide Granny Holtz into that slot and put Meyer in the studio with Rece and May Day.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Kiper's credibility has taken serious dings, and it's up to him to do something about it. Pronto.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kiper, Bilas, Olney, Wilbon, Herbstreit, Jackson, Clayton...

I almost never watch Sportscenter, but if I knew Mayne or IJAG's guy were hosting, I would tune in.

I also do not care for his style anymore, but Vitale has to be on this page for being, what seems, just an amazing human being and a fantastic public speaker.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Likewise, Rick Reilly was great at writing feature articles for Sports Illustrated.

9. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

The Sportcenter segments after either SNF or MNF, forget which one, with Steve Levy, John Anderson, and Trent Dilfer are great. Dilfer has been awesome this year.

I also really like Anderson and Van Pelt as a duo hosting. Buccigross is really good too.

Todd Blackledge is one of my favorites too.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone to do the "come on, man!" line... lol

I like the comic relief and the analysis Ditka brings to the table, and I've always been a fan of Tom Jackson. Berman... I know some people can take or leave him, but he's a good host for this type of format.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes, I forgot Blackledge. He's outstanding. No color guy is more prepared.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Agree 100 percent on Schulman. Where did he come from? I'm really out of the loop on the comings and goings of TV people, and he just seemed to sort of materialize last year. He is tremendous. Talk about a pro's pro.

Draft saved Draft deleted