1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People: Martina Navratilova has cancer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sad news if true and I can only assume it is - can't see People going with that otherwise.

http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2010/04/07/martina-navratilova-diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

She was on ABC this morning discussing it. It's a form that's apparently 1 percent fatal, so she should be OK.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Martina Navratilova is the female Chuck Norris. She'll kick cancer's ass.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I thought that was a dramatic header, until I realized you were referring to the magazine.

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Crappy news.. but sounds like she has a good prognosis. Thoughts and prayers for a true giant in sports.

6. Moderator1

Uh, two links? The other was Kevin Blackistone's column. You been to the site? Lots of original content. Lots. But, FanHouse is not afraid to give credit when it is necessary - a fact I like. You'll notice I gave credit to People in the headline of this thread.

7. Moderator1

Spend some time on the site. Lots of good, original content. But FanHouse also admits it is not yet to the point where it can get to everything - it isn't afraid to use other material and I haven't seen an instance yet where it hasn't given proper credit.
    But let's save that for another discussion, this thread is about one of the all-time greats and cancer.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Anyone see this quote from the AP story?

Now, I have no intention of criticizing how anyone reacts to cancer. I've never been in that situation (knock on wood) and have no idea how I'd react. Navratilova is undoubtedly a classy lady and has shown it time and again. But that's a hell of a quote.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Keep Pounding, Martina.

And, I suspect, she will. Cancer picked the wrong woman.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a Chrissie fan growing up I did everything I could to dislike Martina but as a tennis player I could only watch in awe as she displayed her talent and simply crushed everyone around her (until Steffie grew up.) Here's wishing her all the good karma I can send her.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Here's praying the best for you Martina.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hoping everything turns out ofr the best.

Is it just me, or does she just get better and better looking with age?

Draft saved Draft deleted