1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People Magazine: Jenner "transitioning into a woman"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CowboyCasanova, Jan 31, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

IN a similar but different vein, in a past life I worked with several dozen people who each had lost more than 100 pounds...some up them 250+. They all did this the old fashioned way. Many of them admitted that they were on antidepressants, in therapy, etc...the weight was a symptom of their inner issues, not the cause.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

This was almost word for word what I was in the middle of posting before I got sidetracked earlier today. When I heard this latest Jenner tidbit, the first person I thought of was Mike/Christine.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is why if you're transitioning, you have to live as the opposite gender for at least a year before surgery just to be sure. Once you have it, there's no going back.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

She's a tucker, dude. Of course she still has balls.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

She is not directing the litigation. It is in the insurance company's hands. It's typical strategy. Find anyone who might have contributed to causing the accident and bring them in.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And I hope it backfires like the Penn State insurance litigation.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's a no brainer. Get the paparazzi's insurance company to come in and contribute a few bucks.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's very sad. I hope this doesn't end tragically for Jenner.
    I don't oppose any consenting adult doing what he or she wants to do, but my intuition tells me we'll look back on the issue of sexual reassignment years from now and discover a lot mistakes have been made.
    But that is the way of progress.
    It's still sad if someone undergoes such a serious and potentially traumatic process only to discover he/she was reacting to symptoms of larger or myriad problems.

Jenner's need for attention doesn't help the situation.

My wife watches a show about a young boy transitioning. The family obviously is very supportive. A minor could not undergo this without parental approval.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

That's not drastic enough. This is a more appropriate response to the news:

[​IMG]

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

By the time all the special effects are included it will be 90 percent Photoshop, 10 percent Jenner. Probably will look fine.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted