1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People kicked off dating Web site for holiday weight gain

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 4, 2010.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/personal/01/04/dating.site.overweight/index.html

The story gets better after that. With this dating site, you only get to be a member if enough members vote you in as "beautiful" within 48 hours after uploading your profile and photo.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I met my girlfriend, a Raiderette, on that site. It's the place to go if you want to pull 8 to 10s.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Demonstrably. Proverbially.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

These people sound like real winners. Flippin' douchebags. Whatever beauty there is on the outside is pretty much negated by the ugly underneath.

At least I can diet. You can't fix asshole.

And some people wonder why young girls have so many body image issues.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. This is a phenomenal marketing move by this Web site, but that's all it is.

To believe this release, you'd have to believe that

a) 5,000 people gained weight over the holidays.
    b) 5,000 immediately posted new photos of themselves that clearly demonstrated the added weight.
    c) The "community" complained, only days after the holidays, that too many people had gotten too fat.
    d) The site endeavored to come up with some way of finding those who had gotten fat, judging only by photos uploaded by the participants.
    e) All those people were removed.

Sorry, doesn't pass the smell test. But the release has served its purpose by generating publicity for the Web site and getting people up in arms over its "elitism."

7. WFW ... You nailed it.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps -- or maybe chubby black dude got kicked off the site.

9. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Actually, it sounds like a great idea: Beautiful, shallow, self-centered people meet more of their kind, engage in empty three-month relationships that hit the rocks when they have nothing in common except being beautiful, shallow and self-centered. Then they head back to the site. Wash, rinse, repeat. Great business plan... :D

Oh, and irony of ironies: An ad for a plus-sized dating site is at the bottom of the page now ...

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Do they get kicked off for losing weight? Perhaps given a map of directions to donut shops and pizza parlors?

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I saw this earlier today on CNN so I quickly signed up. There were four women users in Michigan and I'm pretty sure two of them were not beautiful at all. Place was a complete joke. I deleted the profile about five minutes later.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing the people on AshleyMadison.com are only slightly bigger douches than the people on this new site.

Draft saved Draft deleted