1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People do the funniest things...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 14, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not haha funny, more quirky, odd or strange funny.

I'm sitting in a McDonalds's at lunch today, having my quarter pounder, staring out the window. There's a row of parking spots right in front of the window.

Guy in a Nissan pulls into a spot about three over from where I'm sitting. He turns off the car and at the same time, a guy in a van two spots from the Nissan leaves. Nissan guy turns his car back on, pulls out of his spot and into the one just vacated by the van. He's now two parking spots closer to the door.

I was hoping he was handicapped with a walker or something but nope, this 30 something guy gets out and comes into the restaurant.

How weird is that? Two spots???

Chime in.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That is a weird story. You were eating a quarter pounder?

I think its funny how people act in parking lots. My wife always wants me to wait for someone to back out. I'd rather park 10 spots down and walk.

Hell, the exercise is good for you.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I do try to park as far away as feasible just to get a little extra walking in. I need it and I don't need the closer space, let some feeble old lady have it.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, despite us Canucks using the metric system. :)

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

It's not called a Royale with Cheese there?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, but we put may on on our fries. (Well, some of us do) :)

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Could understand if this was at a Tim Horton's, but a McDonalds? Foolish behaviour.

I am always fascinated by the people who will spend 15 minutes driving around a mall parking lot at Christmas trying to get a close in spot, so they can they go in and walk a couple miles around the mall stores. Logic and common sense, you have no quarter here.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here'a another one

We have Lotus Notes at my office with the mailbox, calendar, to do lists, address books.

Our department co-ordinator has to have them lined up in the toolbar in exactly the above order. If one's out of order, she closes everything down and re-opens them.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I always have to have my MS Outlook opened at the far left of my task bar or whatever the hell it's called. Always.

And JR you went to McDonald's and not Harvey's? Sacrilege!

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OCD is a bitch...

I park away from cars almost all the time. I hate having cars next to mine, especially when I have Lil 93, and I am trying get her into the car seat.

So many things can go wrong when you park close to the store, and so little can go wrong when your vehicle is by itself. Oh, I almost always park facing out. I hate backing out.

1. Door ding
    2. Asshat does not give you enough space to open your door
    3. You get in a fender bender with all the other close-parkers backing out at the same time.
    4. Cannot open the door to get the kid in a car seat.
    5. No place to put the shopping cart.

I also love people who look for a close parking spot when headed into a Wal Mart. The fucking place is bigger than a CFL football field by a CFL football field and they are trying to shave 50 feet of walking in the parking lot?

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I used to belong to a bicycle club in northeast Kansas.

We were part of an across-the-state group ride, spending the night in some small/medium-size town. So, we load into the club van to take a short ride to a restaurant. The driver is circling the parking lot looking for a spot in the first or second row. The driver is also a rider and hauling riders who were riding about 100 miles a day.

It was mentioned that we might be able to walk the extra 20 yards or so. He was oblivious.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

People backing into spots is one of my pet peeves. Sure, if the lot isn't full, I will pull forward so I don't have to back out. And if you are in a crowded lot at a football/basketball game or something and backing in will help you pull out faster when everyone else is leaving, fine.

But I see guys in pickup trucks back take 3 minutes to back into a spot barely wider than the truck, and people who back into spots in a mostly empty lot and I just scratch my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted