1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People are stupid part whatever - Superintendent loses job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 6, 2012.

1. beanpole

beanpole Member

It's easy to say "I wouldn't have published it." but considering the chain of events, there was really no choice.

- The super was already being criticized for giving a job to a family member.
    - the paper sent and FOI for any emails that mentioned Omaha and that controversy. Nobody was pursuing a sex story -- it was a legit request. Who would have predicted that she would have talked about her affair in the same emails where she discussed her new job?
    - the board confronts the super with the incriminating emails. She resigns immediately.
    - it was obvious that something bad went down and the papers were right to pursue it. And once the emails were turned over to the papers, it's completely rational to question her judgment and ask whether she's the right person to be a school super. Particularly when she suggests in her emails that her lover is connected with the school district and she can get him a job in Omaha.

I feel really badly for her -- she sounds like a very lonely woman who made horribly stupid decisions. She was incredibly indiscreet. I dont think I would have published the emails to that degree of detail. But the story is fair game.

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Amazing how much Valerie looks like Eddie in that cast shot

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She sounds horny, not lonely. If she were lonely, wouldn't she be fantasizing with "Dick" about long walks on the beach or games of putt-putt?

Draft saved Draft deleted