1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People are stupid part whatever - Superintendent loses job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I am frankly disappointed with supermarket tabloids and their tendancy to print lurid details of subject's lives. Oh, the humanity!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rip -- do you not understand the Smoking Gun? Are you unaware of what they do? I said this earlier, but basically anything that happens anywhere, and produces a document of any kind, goes on there. It's really very simple. This is not "the media" as you perceive it, this is one website that specializes in lurid sordid details.

For someone to be stupid enough to do all of that on a government computer and during work hours boggles the mind.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

If there were young kids involved, which there aren't, then it could be a tricky situation but really you have to blame her for this in every which way.

Don't blame newspapers or websites for publishing material that they wouldn't have if she hadn't used public computers and accounts to produce it. Blame her for any fall out with the families. She's the one who did it and was too stupid not to do it or find a way to do it do it where it wouldn't be public domain. Whether the Des Moines Register published the emails or not, even with reporting the basic details it's out there, their families are going to know and someone is going to show the world the emails.

It's her fault. End of story.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Public" and "publicized" are synonymous.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I know all that. I just take issue with TSG turning her into Our National Whore of the Week. With the explicit email details, I mean. Because of family bystanders, etc.

Edited to clarify with third sentence.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Would the family bystanders not know about it if the emails hadn't been published? The info is out there regardless. She and them have been shamed regardless. It's all on her.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What did Al Capone say? I'll send flowers?

Be careful of what you do that ain't kosher because people who don't deserve it can be caught in the fallout.
    Do I feel for the kids, etc.? Sure. I feel worse they got stuck with a sack of crap for a parent. I get your point. But she should have thought of her kids before she sent "d of d" emails on a work computer.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

OK by me anyway. I was just debating one aspect.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

.org or.edu does not mean public.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think it does when you are writing "I want your cock inside me" and there is the FIA.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It really doesn't. He's not making an ethical argument about what should and should not be public. He's explaining to you that you are mistaken about what the ".org" and ".edu" domains signify.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And it's only one letter removed from pubic. Orange slices for all!

Draft saved Draft deleted