1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People are stupid part whatever - Superintendent loses job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. She very clearly violated her employer's policy, then tried to cover it up. She deserved to lose her job. Not only what she did was wrong, it was stupid. She could have easily used a personal iPhone to send and receive those emails and pics.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't have sympathy for stupid people in high positions.

A little nugget in there is how she complained to loverboy about how she couldn't get off the phone with her blabbing daughter. Nice. Trampling all over your marriage vows is one thing, but I'm sure the daughter feels swell that talking to mom was taking away from mom getting her freq on.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In 2012, she doesn't know that every single email - especially work emails - leave a record?

WHAT A MORAN!

4. Tarheel316

Excellent points, Poin.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

No, I agree: She gets fired. But that is not carte blanche to publish every explicit detail and her personal list of sexual delights.

Oh, I get it: "The public has a right to know!!!"

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Who knows? Maybe deep down she wanted to get caught and be freed. Not the craziest thought ever ...

7. Tarheel316

Riptide, she made it a matter of public record by using the school system's computers.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you write about her when she's hired, you have to publish her sex e-mails when she's fired.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

YOU ONLY COVER US WHEN OUR SUPERINTENDENTS TALK ABOUT 69, GUSHING AND ANAL ON SCHOOL EQUIPMENT!!!!

10. Riptide

I realize that. But I don't need to know every line she wrote, and neither does the public. It's enough to know that the school system has proof that she screwed up. Take the high road by exercising the proper discretion.

If she's cavorting with donkeys or minors, unleash your inner voyeur.

11. Riptide

Oh, bullshit. You don't have to publish the emails. You have to publish that she was fired for writing sexual emails on school computers, etc., etc. ... The rest is way over the top and crosses the line of responsible journalism.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This was well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted