1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People are decorating the streets of Brussels with messages of peace

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"Dad, there's a kid at school who keeps picking on me."

"Well, son, have you thought about what you might have done to make him feel such animosity toward you?"

"What?"

"Just try to ignore him, son."

"But Dad, he punched me in the face the other day."

"Did you ever stop to think there's a root cause for his anger that your self-absorbed take on the world is preventing you from realizing?"

"Mom!"

Armchair_QB, Batman and old_tony like this.
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"Next week, I will be joining President Hollande and world leaders in Paris for the global climate conference. What a powerful rebuke to the terrorists it will be, when the world stands as one and shows that we will not be deterred from building a better future for our children." Obama, Nov. 24, 2015

In a major upset, it wasn't powerful enough.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

We've moved on from changing Facebook profile pictures to playing "What kind of kitchen appliance are you?"

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

They do have the desired effect, though -- to kill people, as many as possible, randomly, indiscriminately, and in a terrifying, unpredictable, and therefore, indefensible manner that is likely to go on and on because the perpetrators are uncaring, unscrupulous killers.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not as much as in 1940, obviously. But "stand by and let us march through, or fight and die" is pretty tyrannical if you're on the "fight and die" side of the equation.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pretty good deal if you let them through, though (unless you are French).

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You've got me there. Obama should follow the wellworn path so many others used to take the fight successfully to the Middle East.

We can start with Bush or the Russians or King Richard during the Crusades. Take your pick.

Clearly, history shows anyone can go in there with guns and plans or swords and horses and bend them to their will with ease.

Why hasn't Obama done that instead of acting like a Commie by eating hot dogs and watching baseball?

TigerVols likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Yes, son?"

"Some kid at school keeps picking on me."

"Well fuck him and all kids his age. I am going to go to his house and punch his mother in the nose."

"Thanks, mom! You are so strong."

"It's not me who needs to be strong, it's you. Because after I punch his mother in the nose, every mother in the entire city is going to go to school and punch you in the face. Good luck Johnny!"

BTExpress likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If Obama was a real leader, he'd instead have been showing off his impressive drive in a time of crisis overseas in a country 90 percent of Republicans couldn't find on a map.

[​IMG]

Ace likes this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To what end? Until no one is left?

Generally, terrorist groups have some sort of stated goal somewhat short of annhiliating the planet.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You'd be as bad a parent as you are a writer.

old_tony likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

More parody.

All these message board toughs! That'll show the terrorists!

Draft saved Draft deleted