1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People and their dogs ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There is a requirement for that. The opulence. You has it?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My uncle has this dog that is not mean by any definition just hyperactive, mildly neurotic and loud. He's currently trying to find new living arrangements (the why of it is not important only that he needs to find a new place and that reason has nothing to do with the dog) but because of his income level--or lack thereof--he's limited to where he can look. All of the places he actually likes won't let him own a dog. He's not getting rid of his dog nor will the family take the dog, so he's sticking it to the man by getting his dog declared a service animal which affords him the right to demand the dog lives with him regardless of apartment policy. Five minutes with this dog and anyone with half a brain is calling bullshit his pooch is a service animal. But all he had to do was go online, fill out a form, pay a fee and that was it. The dog is service dog specializing in God knows what.

On the one hand it's a clever way to get around the rules when your options are limited. On the other WTF mate? This dog is going to piss off your neighbors and cause you to get grief from the landlord all in the name of taking advantage of the system. It should be a whole helluva lot harder to get a dog certified even if I sympathize with why he did it.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And sadly, a lot of animals are given to a shelter in cases like that.

And a lot don't get adopted.

That's how I got my cat. Pretty sure she was given up for financial reasons.

One of the best cats I've had. Very personable. When we have guests over, she will start interacting with them: coming up to guests, looking like "who the fuck are you?", pet me now, and where's the food?

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife and I got our cats because one of my wife's students was getting evicted so the landlord could gentrify the place. The family was between residences and we took the cats "temporarily" while they found a new place. That was 18 months ago. Sweetest cats. I can't believe I was insistent that this be temporary.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Got my current dog as a result of someone else's divorce. We've had her for about eight years now.
    Good dog.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They're good dogs Brent.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I like cats because they don't bark incessantly in my neighborhood. Shut the fuck up, hounds.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My cat is an asshole.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

All cats are assholes

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member