1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pensacola, Fla., sports designer/copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 11, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

that is one ugly motherfuckin' paper

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

who fucking cares?

if it takes an act of congress to hire someone at this place, do you really want to work there?

3. eek!gannett!

eek!gannett! Guest

I hear this one is still open all these months later. Anyone got any info on the progress? Are they even contacting resumes?

4. That's an odd question, considering your screen name.

5. eek!gannett!

eek!gannett! Guest

Not interested for me. My roomie applied. I wouldn't touch Gannett with someone else's ....

6. Not going to defend Gannett, but you could do a whole lot worse.

7. eek!gannett!

eek!gannett! Guest

I once believed that too.

8. Looks like you haven't done a very good job of discouraging your roomie.

9. eek!gannett!

eek!gannett! Guest

I haven't tried. It's his life. If he wants to design pages full of youth lacrosse and community rowing events, that's his problem. Besides, Pensacola could be different. It's the beach.

10. Could be.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

let the "contacting of resumes" begin.

12. airbag29

airbag29 New Member

I applied and was interviewed in December. I would have taken it, depite the Gannett drawback, but, of course, they did not want to pay me even what I am making now and about the same size paper circulation-wise. They wanted me to come in and basically take over the design side of things, which would have given me an asst. sports editor title. Bill Vilona was very nice and wanted me to come, but was honest in saying that while he would hire me for what I asked for, he knew it probably wouldn't happen. Sure enough, the higher ups said no dice and I am still happy where I am. Beware (if you are not already) of this paper if yu set up an interview. Nice people on the low end, but higher-ups are looking only at bottom line, as usual with Gannett

Draft saved Draft deleted