1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pennsylvania pick-'em

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Raiders fans would shit all over themselves.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The Raiders fans can deal, mister. ;)

3. Would he really choose Shippensburg when he could play for someone like Danny Hale at Bloomsburg?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Shippensburg is near beautiful, downtown Carlisle. And that place is home to the Gingerbreadman, which is by far without a doubt the most appreciated happy hour I've ever had the privilige of getting drunk at on a repeat basis.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Poor ol' PCN guy had to ask Pryor the question.

And Terrelle smiles, takes the microphone and says, "Yeah, I've decided to attend the University OF!"

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Girls' AAA: 53-43, Mount St. Joseph's over Mercyhurst Prep. Didn't really see that coming.

7. Keystone

Keystone Member

The Lakers win!

But where was Kobe? ;D

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Hysterical, and richly deserved. I will give the guy credit for asking about the game first, though...

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I did :)
    Just checked.... finished 6-2. My only mistakes: picking Strawberry Mansion to upset Jeanette and lost it in OT and not staying with my gut feeling of Central Dauphin and changing my pick to the team that lost.

10. I wasn't all that impressed with Pryor's game yesterday. He didn't show me anything as a shooter, got intimidated by Devon White down low, and missed crucial free throw late in the 4th QTR that could have won the game for the Jayhawks sooner.

He should stick to football in college.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Boys' AAAA: Chester goes up 17-2 early, puts on a show fitting of No. 3 national ranking, than watches as Norristown almost gets back in it. But Clippers hold on for 81-77 victory. The point guard, Karon Burton, is worth the price of admission all by himself. But there are some rumblings that the kid is such a non-student, he may never again be seen in an organized basketball game.

From what I can tell, three people went 7-for-8 in picks: EStreetJoe, Rumpleforeskin and Hustle.

Thanks for your indulgence, all. You may now return to your normally scheduled states. ;)

Pryor had, for him, a very sub-par game yesterday. I mean, he air-mailed a foul shot. There were moments, however, that you just don't see in Class AA games ... like Pryor going over the back of a 6-5 Strawberry Mansion kid to jam home an offensive board.

FWIW, he told our guy that he's down to two schools -- won't say which -- but will announce in the coming week.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Interesting news on Burton. The local school is supposedly on his list, if he makes his grades. (Then again, if his grades were okay, somebody would've signed him long before now.)

Draft saved Draft deleted