1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State scorn versus Michigan State scorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing MSU student-athletes weren't billed, on-staff trainers and docs are probably part of their scholarship package. But local residents seeing the sports medicine clinic are billed.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is outrageous.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, it's not. It's silly medical paperwork.

Lots of people get billed for things already paid for, things that were supposed to be handled by a third party, procedures and/or drugs never administered in the first place, etc. Stuff happens.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Doesn't make it less outrageous, in this case or others.

5. BTExpress

My wife went in a couple of years ago for a kidney stone. They asked if she could be pregnant. She said no. We were billed for a pregnancy test.

Let's do a story on this, shall we?

6. poindexter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah, the doc on your staff has sexually assaulted thousands of girls. But paperwork is paperwork. WHAT CAN YOU DO? There is absolutely no way to prevent it, right?

You ever have a family member sexually assaulted? How would your family react if the mother of the victim receives a bill for such assaults, each month. I guess we should expect the mom to just say, "paperwork is paperwork!"

Funny, but today, after it comes out, the University said that Nassar patients will no longer be billed.
    https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...e-assaulted-nassar-victim-15-says/1053893001/

So they COULD have done something. But that would actually involve caring, and lifting a finger.

When they were embarrassed today by a 15-year-old girl in court today, they found a way to figure out how to stop the billing.

But, hey, in your world, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. BTExpress

When we stopped by the hospital and said, "Please remove this charge," they removed the charge.

Same result.

There are people who DIE in hospitals. And then, on top of their loved ones' pain, they get BILLED by a place in which their loved one DIED. Probably doesn't make them feel too warm and fuzzy.

Oh, the humanity.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That right there is what started the problem.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damn, I hate it when we go there.

I don't need to picture trauma for my family to understand trauma. But it's the first place people go.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Victim No. 190 is speaking today. 190.

12. poindexter

Re-read the thread chronology.

Draft saved Draft deleted