1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State scorn versus Michigan State scorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Karma, comes circumcised and uncircumcised

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hope he's walking uncomfortably for the remainder of his sad life.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

In a list of the worst NCAA sports scandals since 2000, how far down do you have to go to get to an SEC or PAC-12 school? The top of the list has to include in some order Penn State (Sandusky), Michigan State (gymnastics), Baylor (basketball first, football more recently), UNC (Af-Am studies), Ohio State (wrestling), and Louisville (multiple), doesn't it? I guess you could add Ohio State's several other transgressions, but they don't seem to rise to the same level of awfulness. I certainly would've assumed in 2000 that the SEC would feature more prominently, but maybe it has numbers 6-15. Am I missing any?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Vanderbilt rape case.
    Urban Meyers entire tenure at Florida.
    Umm, Ole Miss?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reggie Bush and Cam Newton, the ultimate pay for play.

11. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

It may be my SEC homerism (I'm a Vanderbilt grad), but I don't think any of those rise to the level of the others. The Vanderbilt rape case was surprising because it was Vanderbilt, but IIRC the school reported the attack to authorities quickly and didn't try to cover it up. Maybe Urban Meyer at Florida would be in the second five, but I doubt he was all that much worse than several other programs (Miami, maybe even Urban Meyer at tOSU). Notre Dame might belong in the second tier as well, along with Cam and Reggie. "Just" paying players doesn't seem all that shocking, though.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You also had Bobby Petrino banging a staffer who fell off of his motorcycle. Certainly not NCAA investigation-worthy, but it was a scandal.

Draft saved Draft deleted