1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State Latest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The approach isn't slimy. It seems pretty straightforward. Penn State fucked up. All of the players are eligible to transfer free of penalty, so why the hell not try to rescue some of them from the pits of despair? If they don't want to go to another school, they can say no. Giving them a lifeline isn't a bad thing.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd like to think there's a place here for ongoing discussion of the ongoing story. Yes, some have strong opinions, and we know them too well.

3. The reaction to Mauti in this whole situation has been interesting for me. He's from my hometown, and I ran against him in track a couple times. He always seemed like a really good guy. Doesn't surprise me he has taken the stance he has.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In both cases, the coaches are trying to do the players a favor. In the case of the recruits who haven't even started taking classes at Penn State yet, the difference is you have some kids who are just too stupid to take those coaches up on it.

SMU still had a school. SMU didn't have the same taint on its entire university that Penn State has earned for itself. The comparison works fine. You just can't handle it.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Given that he has been drinking the Paterno Kool Aid since he was a baby it should surprise no one.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8205420/penn-state-needs-work-reconciliation

Great piece. Beautiful.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent work. Did a great job explaining why O'Brien's comments are so inappropriate.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

GREAT line.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Exactly. So no one from Penn State has the right to get all huffy about coaches recruiting their kids.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

yerp. it really is solid work.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Dot's the gist of it.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yup. MacGregor nails it. Loved this line:

"It's time to punch back." All due respect coach, but are you out of your mind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.