1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State Football Recruiting Writer

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by JME, Oct 14, 2009.

1. JME

JME Member

NittanyNetwork.com, a TEAM Sports Network Web site and ESPN affiliate, is looking for a talented, dedicated reporter to help cover Penn State football recruiting. Some football team coverage also part of the deal. Close proximity to State College a real plus - but not mandatory. Experience covering recruiting preferred. Salary, hours, etc., are negotiable.
    If interested, send resume and 200-word (no more than 200) explanation of why you are the one for the job to staff@nittanynetwork.com. Position needs to be filled in the immediate future, so time is of the essence.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This sounds more like freelance than full-time. If I'm wrong, let me know.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, pt, if I read it right, that's what it is.

Generally, these sites have one full-time guy who handles most of the team coverage, then use stringers for recruiting stuff and message-board mods. The stringers also usually help out on game-day, but don't generally cover practice or press conferences or whatever.

Just so anyone who's interested knows what they're getting into, your evenings, from summer camp season until signing day, are going to be totally consumed by playing phone tag with high school juniors and seniors. I've done it before and it sucks.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

So, um, er, what's their rate for message-board mods? ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted