1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State fans...nothin but class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sabrefan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Just checking, but these are fans of the (3-3, 6-3) Penn State Nittany Lions (who haven't won a national championship in 21 years) making fun of fans of the (5-0, 9-0, No. 1 in BCS and AP poll) Ohio State Buckeyes, who were in the national championship last season?

Just checking.

2. BBJones

BBJones Guest

This identical scene would have happened at any campus in the country. Trying to pinpoint it as a geographical problem or unique to once set of fans over another is more idiotic than the behavior itself.

3. OK, let's leave Eagles fans out of this ... these were Penn State fans ... not necessarily the same.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So are you saying that Oregon fans couldn't make fun of USC fans? Just asking.

And the lack of a national title the past 21 years is not completely Penn State's fault -- they did go undefeated in 1994.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

God, I hate it when this stuff happens. It happens all the time in colleges and high schools. And yes, alcohol is usually involved ::)

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Alcohol or not, those fucks are probably douchebags no matter the situation.

There is nothing wrong with wearing your team's colors. Nothing. It's called pride. You don't tuck your pride between your legs simply because of what someone might think or say. He, presumably, didn't provoke anything. And I'm glad they have it on video. Documented douchebagery is usually helpful in doling down punishments.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Someone hits me with a beer can from about four feet, I'm grabbing his ass and throwing him in the woods.

And then getting the fuck outta there before the rest of his douchebag friends come after me.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Florida fans who poured urine on Phil Fulmer's wife thinks the fans in State College are too controlled... ;D

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Tell me that didn't actually happen ...

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was in SI about 6-7 years ago...

11. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Completely off-topic, but you list conference record first?

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Stupid rednecks.

What? It was in Pennsylvania? Oh.[/typicalnonsouthernerbashingthosebelowmasondixonline]

Draft saved Draft deleted