1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When another affiliate of a national chapter that has proven anti-hazing/anti-alcohol policies have zero impact, you wonder when a university is going to just ban local chapters of such nationals. One incident? Hey, it's college. Two? You might want to do something about this. Three? You just don't care. Perhaps the locals might take things a bit more seriously if they realize an incident could shutter dozens of chapters just because they share the letters.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As long as they don't find sperm in his ass during the autopsy, the Board of Trustees at PSU believe this is another win.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thinking about it now, "but for the grace of God" situations came up a lot of times while I was in college. When I think about all the parties in ancient houses that were firetraps, with a hundred kids or more standing around in a basement with a padlocked back door that was the only exit outside and a rickety wooden staircase the only way up, and a bunch of kids smoking as well, it's a miracle my school never had a fire tragedy.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've heard Hopkins would like to get rid of all of them. The Greeks have responded by being much more proactive demonstrating the good things they do for the school and community, and keeping the BS to a minimum.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

See, that's just it. You don't close the chapters, just make them reaffiliate with a national that seems to be able to keep their chapters under control.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

10. BitterYoungMatador2

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have to laugh at references to the "pro-Sandusky" faction.

Jesus.

There was never a "pro-Sandusky" faction. What, for fuck's sake, was anyone going to defend Jerry Sandusky on?

Draft saved Draft deleted