1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I haven't found this in an article yet: how much time might Spanier get (max, and what's the likely ballpark amount)?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

More like "JoePa" probably fucked little boys too.

I've been convinced of that for a long time.

3. Vombatus

I agree, but why haven't any of them come forward while Penn State has paid all these damages?

Unless they are all dead...

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It took, what, 30 years for the Sandusky stuff to come out? And he was 1/100000 as important and protected as Paterno was.

Plus, you could have concrete evidence that Paterno was the head of al-Qaida and the faithful wouldn't even blink in their undying devotion.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Just wait until pot is legalized in Central PA.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Either a) Paterno was in on it himself, or else b) he was fully aware of what Sandusky was doing, and had given him more than passive approval.

There's really no other explanation for Paterno not feeding Sandusky straight to the cops as soon as he learned the truth.

Even in the 1980s or 90s, he could have told Sandusky, "I'll just deny publicly I ever had any idea what you were doing, and throw you to the dogs."

But apparently Sandusky had to have something somewhere on Paterno, that he'd never dare try that.

It had to be a) or b).

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that Sandusky wasn't some middling slapass coach. He was regarded as the best defensive coordinator in the country at that time. The Architect behind Linebacker U. The mastermind behind shutting down Testaverde in that 1987 Fiesta bowl. That kind of prestige can cause a lot of eyes to redirect.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Middling? No
    Slapass? Yes. And then some.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

JFC

If Pennsylvania wants to have a nice bipartisan moment for America to rally around, have the Democratic governor and the Republican legislature stand together and tell Penn St. it isn't getting another penny from Harrisburg until this motherfucker is off the BOT.

wicked likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bottom line: Either Paterno knew about and enabled Sandusky's activities for over 30 years -- or he was in on them himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted