1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

I can hear Sandusky's first prison chat after being roomed up with Brutus.

"So coach.........I hear you like sucking dicks......well, this is your lucky day!"

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Just skimmed the grand jury presentation. Yikes.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Except the GA who witnessed Sandusky buggering the 10 year old in the shower went to JoePa first. The buck might not stop with him, but it certainly started at JoePa's desk.

That said, I'd like to think that if I was an adult and I saw another adult raping a child in a shower, I wouldn't have gone the report-it-to-HR-route that the GA took.

I'd have taken the beat-the-old-man-to-a-pulp-with-a-folding-chair route.

4. mb

mb Active Member

I mean, really. It's like every single person that saw something decided to do as little as they possibly could.

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

this

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Damn wrestling moves always get you in trouble.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Some people have said, "well Paterno and Sandusky were friends of years, friends of tears, etc etc., Sandusky played there, Sandusky had been on staff for decades, Paterno truly believed Sandusky was innocent."

OK, fine. I get that. But the 2002 allegations were NOT the first allegations of improper conduct against Sandusky, and they were not rumors -- there was a direct eyewitness.

Now if I am Joe Paterno, Hall of Fame coach, director of one of the greatest programs in NCAA football history, the second time I hear any of these reports and am faced with direct evidence, I say, "Yeah yeah Sandusky is my friend of years, etc etc blah blah but a scandal of this kind -- preadatory pedophilia -- can utterly destroy me and my whole program, everything I have ever built for 50 years now, so I don't give a flaming flying fuck about my dear old buddy Sandusky," so I go straight to the COPS, I don't fuck around with the peon-office boy they call the "athletic director," I march into the police station and I say, "I am Joe Paterno, head coach and absolute emperor of the Penn State football program, and I want you to march this motherfucking kid-raping pervert out of my football building at gunpoint in neck shackles, and if he ever sets foot on university grounds again I want you to beat him into a fucking coma with rubber clubs, or fill him with bullets if you can figure out any possible excuse to do so. That is my statement as Joe Paterno, head coach and absolute emperor of the Penn State football program."

Pretty much what the Catholic Church should always have done with the pedos, and never has.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I got through about a page and a half of the grand jury testimony. Revolting.

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

so his punishment from penn state for the 2002 incident was that they took his keys away? shameful

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Apparently suggested he continue his activities elsewhere.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just read the stuff - revolting, indeed. And there's some people in a whole ton of trouble.

12. derwood

derwood Active Member

This story just keeps getting stranger.

Draft saved Draft deleted