1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penguins for sale - still and again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SoSueMe, Dec 17, 2006.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Looks like Frank D'Angelo is next in line to make a bid.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=188799&hubname=nhl

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=steelback-penguins&showbyline=True

Sorry if this is a D_B

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If the new deal gets done with the slots, Cuban would sure bring something to the NHL.

And I think if he were to buy, the League would listen to his ideas for marketing the league.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Agreed. I think Cuban is the best fit.

D'Angelo is in this mess just to get his name and his beer's name out there.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would absolutely love to see Cuban pounding the glass on the front row of home games, or heckling opponents who got sent to the penalty box. It would be a great thing for both the Penguins and the NHL.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As much as I'd love to see him buy the Penguins, nothing would make me happier than him buying the Pirates. It seems, though, that that will never happen.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Send Howard Baldwin over there and bring the Penguins to Hartford.

Plus, Pittsburgh owes Hartford, since it was the Whalers' inability to fucking tank the last game of the season prior to Mario Lemieux's arrival--the Whalers "led" the Penguins by one pt in the "race" for the no. 1 spot in the draft BUT FUCKING WON THE FINALE--and the awful Ron Francis trade that led directly to the Penguins winning consecutive Cups.

But hey, we took the Canadiens to OT in Game Seven in 1986.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hey, maybe McClatchy and the Nuttings can buy the Penguins!

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'd love to buy a pet penguin.....oops...wrong thread...carry on

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Eh. That would require them to spend money, and I know they don't want to do that.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

What are you talking about? Look at all the money they've shilled out to such proven stars as Derek Bell, Jeremy Burnitz and Joe Randa.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dammit, you're right. OK, how about ... that would require them to wisely spend money, and I know they don't want to do that.

12. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

What? Zarley Zalapski wasn't enough of a return? ::)

As far as Cuban is concerned, he always throws it out there that he wants to buy the Pirates or the Penguins. It would be nice if he would step up and actually put his money where his mouth is for once.

Draft saved Draft deleted