1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelphrey to Hogs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 8, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I know why he did it. And I'm not sure guarding the inbounds assures UK of a win. Hill's a helluvan athlete.

2. mocheeks10

mocheeks10 Member

About the Laettner shot -- what was he thinking on that play, seriously? Has he ever addressed that publicly? Because Pitino has always said Pelphrey and Feldhaus were supposed to bracket Laettner. Instead, they were not-so-innocent bystanders.

Just curious.

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Arkansas' biggest problem is chatty boosters. You know, the same people who leaked it to the local media that they had Billy Gillispie locked up. Then, when that didn't happen, they were going after Bill Self, Tim Floyd, John Calipari, Tom Crean, all people they had no chance of getting.

If I were an Arkansas fan and had visions of Gillispie/Self/Floyd/Calipari/Crean, then ended up with John Pelphrey, I'd be pissed. Then again, anyone who actually believed one of those guys would leave a great situation to go to Arkansas is completely out of their mind.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Pelphrey said he was going up to catch the ball and didn't see Laettner until he already had it. At that point, Laettner turned his back to him (on the fake right) and so Pelphrey fell back to keep from fouling. Feldhaus at least kept his arms up.

Draft saved Draft deleted