1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelphrey to Hogs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 8, 2007.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

All old people look alike.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Good lord, if Arkansas beat uk this year, all the necks are going to come out of the woodworkto say Pelphrey should have been the UK coach.

But good for him, he did a nice job at a nothing school and is a Donovan disciple. I think he'll do well.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pelphrey's ties to Eddie Sutton may have endeared him here — played for him (of course) and was an assistant for him for a time at Okie State.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If Pelphrey needed more seasoning to ever become Kentucky's coach, I suppose this would be it. Do well there and he could be in line when they fire Gillispie in seven years if he's failed to win a national title.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Pelphrey is a good recruiter, but this seems like a bit of reach...

I guess it doesn't hurt to be permanently associated with Rick Pitino and Billy Donovan...

7. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

My first though when I saw this was to bow down and pray to God that Gillispie works at UK. I want Pelf to do well at Arkansas, but only if Gillispie works well at UK. The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of people bitching about how UK should have hired Pelf.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I heart John Pelphrey.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, you and Christian Laettner...

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahaha I can still see Pelphrey taking three steps back after Laettner caught the ball...

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

I agree, this does seem like a bit of a reach. I can understand why they'd give him a shot, considering the regular-season success SouthAl's had lately in The Belt. Plus, he does have that UK pedigree. But, we all know The Belt ain't the SEC. SouthAl dominated The Belt regular season only to have Middle Tennessee upset it in the tournament. But, if that hadn't happened, my alma mater never would have become Memphis' first-round appetizer.

12. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Only because Pitino told him not to foul. If he puts someone on Grant Hill, UK goes to the Final Four.

Draft saved Draft deleted