1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelosi is off to a great start in her new job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stretch15, Nov 16, 2006.

1. When the Shuler Anti-Abortion Act of '07 comes roaring out of the chute, get back to me.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Opinions are like rectums. You should know.

3. Yeah, me and 57 percent of the population.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, the first funny episode of SNL in almost a year... I give Alec Baldwin all the credit...

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that fall under else?

And what a silly benchmark. For 6 years there was a republican president and congress, without a single (I think) federal law passed on the subject of abortion.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How is the speaker coming on her plan to put an impeached judge in charge of the intelligence committee.

Culture of Corruption indeed.

7. Which is exactly why the whole "social conservatives really won" meme in re: last week's elections is absurd.
    And AQB, when the new Majority Leader's under indictment, and one of the top appropriators in the new Congress is in the federal pen, the R's can start talking about cultures of corruption without being laughed at.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So it's a date for May 2008?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No matter how the House majority vote went, the GOP was going to gloat:

Hoyer wins: "HAHAHAHAHA! Great start for Pelosi!"

Murtha wins: "That beeyatch Pelosi ramrodded her guy through even though the other Dems obviously wanted Hoyer. Yeah, she's really open to compromise. ::)"

You GOP assclowns don't think we don't notice the way you operate?

10. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

If Pelosi would have been able to "ramrod" her guy through the House vote, that would have been an impressive demonstration of her power and her ability to sway fellow Dems to her side.

As her first act as Speaker, one would think Pelosi would choose to back somebody who would unite the party instead of dividing it. That's all I'm saying...

And BTE - if you think for one minute that this type of "operating" is limited to GOP supporters, then you're delusional.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You make a good point. It would have been better for Nancy to back out of it and let the peanut gallery settle this by a vote, which was going to happen anyway. The best way for her to keep the animals from breaking out of the zoo is to make nice with Steny and stick to what she knows best: learn to be Madam Speaker.

12. XXXX

XXXX Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yeah your right there were no scandals before the past six years.

Draft saved Draft deleted