1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pee Wee's Playhouse

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Wheel Gunner

Wheel Gunner Member

The King of Cartoons was played by the noted Shakespearian actor William Marshall who other claim to fame was portraying Blacula.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Lois Griffin Oh, my God! You turned the den into Pee-Wee's Playhouse?
    Peter Griffin [Singing] "Come on, get up!
    Peter Griffin "Knock off your napping
    Peter Griffin "It's a crazy, messed-up place where anything can happen
    Peter Griffin "There's a chair that freakin' talks! There's some fish that give advice
    Peter Griffin "Holy crap! It's screwy
    Peter Griffin "In Peter's Playhouse"

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Wasn't Robin Williams' first TV show a guest spot on Happy Days, starring as an alien in one of Richie's dreams.. he had to battle the Fonz - Fonzie's thumb (and touch on the jukebox and pinball machines) vs. Williams' alien's finger?

4. EStreetJoe

Which came first? Tom Hanks on Bussom Buddies or Tom Hanks' guest spot as Alex's uncle on 'Family Ties'?

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Bosom Buddies predated Family Ties by a couple years. Hanks had a couple movies under his belt by then.

On topic, I find it funny that Russell Dalrymple's hottie 15-year-old daughter in season 4 of Seinfeld was Denise Richards.

George Wendt, Shelley Long, Larry (sic) Fishburne, Patrick Swayze, Ron Howard all cameoed on M*A*S*H at one time or another.

6. EStreetJoe

Don't forget Molly Ringwald as a season 1 star on "Facts of Life"

[​IMG]

7. EStreetJoe

I should've have checked IMDB first. :)
    However in doing a check on it.. Family Ties predated his big screen debut (Splash) by a year. Between Bosom Buddies and Family Ties was just a series of TV guest apperances.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Well done, Joe. I was just going on memory because I watched way too much TV as a young'un.

Also, Conan O'Brien was a writer for Saturday Night Live, as were a bunch of other comedic luminaries. O'Brien had a couple cameos.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Conan was also a writer for The Simpsons in an early season

10. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

Bridgette Wilson was "Ginger" on Saved By The Bell. The ditzy girl who asked Zack "Do I have lipstick on my teeth?"

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bastard,

Actually the mechanic's only child was in two episodes Mayberry-wise. The episode you mention: I thought the line was "Thank you very much, sherrif." I might be be wrong. It was the episode that has Opie finding an abandoned baby. The other episode: Jack has a big part. Andy and Barn go to Raleigh (some lawmen's meeting, Barnie was probably polishing his bullet) and Jack is accused of a robbery (a TV I think). Our heroes stumble on stuff that clears Jack. Jack on the stand, professing his innocence--it was like Larry Olivier doing community theatre.

Ed Harris with a little part (not one of featured guest stars) as a dirty cop in The Rockford Files.

YHS, etc

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Anyone see Paul Reubens on Letterman last night? They showed the "giant underpants" bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted