1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peavy has five teams in mind for trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 17, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Yeah, that Jermaine Dye guy over on the South Side hasn't accomplished much.

2. sg86

sg86 Member

True.

But he has the no trade clause. So if he demands to go to Houston, the Padres kind of have to take what they can get.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or they could just not trade him.

4. sg86

sg86 Member

Well obviously.

But the clear intention is that they want something in return instead of just letting him go. And Houston could at least make a decent offer with the pieces they have. So Peavy could easily strong arm them into taking a mediocre deal if he chooses IMO.

I don't see Peavy going anywhere until the All-Star Break to be honest.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

If stuff's coming out this early about the interest in him, I imagine he's going somewhere. Soon. Maybe even as soon as Edgar Renteria got traded last year.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I still don't understand why the feel the need to trade him. Makes no sense.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Curious about the Heyman comment.

I've seen the reverse situation where teams try to get rid of long-term contracts because they want to INCREASE the values of their teams. Less money on the books.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Peavy is a long way from free agency, so it's not like the Padres have no leverage.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd like to see Peavy stay with the Padres until the day he retires. Of course, that's what I say about almost everyone. Bring back the days where players were treated like ... indentured servants.

10. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

jermaine dye is the exception to the braves reputation.

Draft saved Draft deleted