1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearlman: Zito becoming a douche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Jun 30, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, I know he's been here before to feed his fucking ego.

And, again, what is his basis for the so-called column on Barry Zito?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

To remind us he once wrote a feature on Barry Zito?

Next week: David Wells is still a fat jerk.

The week after that: John Rocker is still a racist gaybasher.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

No, BYH, to remind he once spent a couple of days hanging with Barry Zito.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I would rather have my college roommate, who was a slob, to be my agent before getting Douchebag Drew. Remember, he still has a large clientle (Lance Briggs whining for one) that will benefit from Herr Drew. TO just refused to STFU and let Rosenhaus do "all of the talking." When Drew saw that, he let TO hang himself in the PR department.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why do you guys hate the agents? They're only doing as they're instructed by their clients. And they're only getting the players--without whom the leagues would not exist--a bigger piece of the pie from the owners, who would gladly take 150% of it if they could. Who would you rather see get the money? The talent or the guys who are already billionaires?

OK, I can understand hating Rosenslime. He's a sleazy douche. But Boras? He's only taking advantage of fools. It's not his fault people keep falling for his big pretty binders.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Did Zito start wearing a Kangol cap backwards?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's something about baseball that turns nice guys into assholes about four years into their careers... Granted, I only covered the sport for two years, but the guys who were great to deal with when I covered the team were complete pricks a few years later...

Obviously, there are exceptions... I've covered enough of the four major sports to wonder why baseball players as a whole are much bigger assholes than the other three...

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Because the access is baseball is far greater than it is in the other sports. More contact means more opportunity for tension.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Even more disappointed are the men and women who cover Zito on a daily basis. Once upon a time, Zito was a writer's best friend: a never-ending quote on whatever filled his mind. Now, while still accessible, Zito seems to view the media with skepticism and angst. He'll talk, but behind a guarded boundary that never before existed.

Oy vey. A column on his changing relationship with the media. WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT?

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've seen an image of a high-priced starting pitcher getting knocked around way too many times this season.

11. Yes, because everything works so well when agents don't do their jobs.
    Fuckabuncha baseball management. I lived through collusion.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think Fenian's fixin' to tell one of his stories again...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted