1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearlman tracks down one of his agitators, calls him up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by novelist_wannabe, Jan 21, 2011.

1. DietCoke

DietCoke Member

Jeff Pearlman doesn't even have a job.

But he's going to get this guy a job?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The sound you hear is everything going over your head.

3. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

5. DietCoke

DietCoke Member

I was just kidding.

You don't have to be a dick.

6. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Oh, newby, you'll soon come to learn that that wasn't even close to being a dick for Mizzou.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear Gregg Doyel's opinion on this topic. He generally takes a flamethrower to his mailbag.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know if Jeff Pearlman is an asshole or not, but based on some of his writing, he seems like a guy who's not going to do you any favors in an interview.

I think some reporters tend to give people a break. (Such as Andy's "don't eviscerate me" line and perhaps racial rants from relief pitchers).

Others are more cold-blooded.

Overall, I think the cold-blooded guys and gals make better reporters.

9. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

My thoughts are hypocritical at best. I enjoy ripping readers, but only if they come to me with their rips. I'm not going to find them, and then demand to know why they ripped me wherever it was they ripped me. (I've only done search-and-destroy to one or two, or three or four ... ok, eight ... people at SportsJournalists.com.) Still, this is the age of interactive journalism, and I think it's fair that we interact with them not just on their terms. Why not on our terms, every now and then? I could be wrong, but if I'm wrong, my entire existence is a sham.

Don't answer that.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK, a little fun with quotes.

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I can see Andy's point, but I can more clearly see why he's going to have a hard time finding a job as a sports writer.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You came to me and asked me specifically why I ripped you. I outed myself, so you could beat me up easier. I'm still waiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted