1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Jam

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Similarly, I think Sandler did a Vedder riff during SNL's Michael Jordan Don't Retire Telethon or some such.

(Evenflow)

Frrreeeeeezin, blabilty, blabity, who's Pippen gonna pass the ball to?

2. waterboy

waterboy Member

HUGE Pearl Jam fan here. But I hope it gets better than "World Wide Suicide" on the new album. "Save You," the first single off the last record, was infinitely better.

I heard "Unemployable," also on the new disc, on the radio today. Didn't do much for me, but maybe I'll warm to it.

3. Three words.

Sleight of Hand.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I'll come out of retirement -- at least in terms of ID -- for this one.

My favorite band of all time, by a huge margin. The best live band I've ever seen by an even bigger margin.

Top 5 based on live performances
    1. Down
    2. Yellow Ledbetter
    3. Love Boat Captain
    4. Black
    5. Betterman/Leatherman/Nothingman -- when they play them all in a row

My favorite song they play might be Baba O'Riley, but I left it off since it's a Who cover. Still totally kicks ass.

5. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Speaking of covers, have you ever heard them do All Along the Watchtower.

It's so good.

I had some teenage prick try to convince me Dave Mathews wrote that song. I really wish I could bitch slap stupid high school athletes.

6. Gesundheit

Gesundheit Member

Release.

It's the song I'd listen to in the last minutes of my life, if the option presented itself.

Nobody writes with more meaning, for me at least, than EV.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's too funny. I actually had one stoner high school kid try to convince me that Hunter S. Thompson's "doctorate of gonzo journalism" was an actual degree from a real university.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Those are good, but this is the champ. I had a guy in an econ class I took in college who asked if this Lenin the teacher was talking about in regards to communism was the same guy from The Beatles.
    The prof handled it well, he said no and kept on talking. I would have ragged the guy till he cried, personally.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

For personal reasons, and because it's such a long goddamn title:

- Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

10. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

Inspired by Mookie Blaylock.

11. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Love Boat Captain? Come on, man. You're a bigger fan and betterman than that.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I agree totally. Love the song. My favorite band covering my favorite song off the oldies station.

But then I'd go to class and hear stupid people singing it because it was on the radio. You know, people who had no idea it was a cover and no idea who Pearl Jam was, it just made the local pop station playlist because girls could dedicate it to their boyfriends without knowing what the song was about.

Draft saved Draft deleted