1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Jam fans?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've never quite understood the universal love for Yellow Ledbetter, and PJ is easily in my list of five favorite bands. I've just always thought it was just ok. A good song, obviously. But not one I connect with in any way.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's the two mellow guitar solos. They just put me in a good state of mind.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

For me it's the concert experience, with everybody singing along and everybody getting the words wrong, so nobody's getting the words wrong, so everybody must be right.

And Mike's guitar homage to Hendrix is awesome, too.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm a fan of oldies - Eddie's cover of J. Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers "Last Kiss" was friggin' awesome!

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

RSC --

Somewhere out there is a bootleg of the Vegas show I went to last summer complete with Eddie putting on a sequined jacket and announcing, "You can't play Vegas and not play Elvis..." before launching into a pretty tight version of "Little Sister".

Check it out...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Has anyone seen the video of Eddie's song about the Cubs? Good stuff, at least for me. :D

7. RedSmithClone

Damn I gotta find that.

I still get goosebumps when I hear him singing Last Kiss though. It was funny. It was released to radio for some charity thing and the second I heard it I realized I'm not listening to the oldies station and holy shit it's Pearl Jam. Friggin rocks!

8. RedSmithClone

Go Cubs!!!

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think Last Kiss might be my least favorite Pearl Jam song, with the possible exception of Bugs, if that can be considered a song.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I loved Last Kiss when I first heard it. But it was massively overplayed.

Bugs, well. Yeah.

On the other hand, I love at least one "joke" song -- Leatherman.

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

The correct answer is "Hey Foxymophandlemama" -- that "Revolution #9" style chunk of noise that wraps up Vitalogy. "Bugs" is miles better than that one.
    As far as hits I could go without hearing again, "Better Man" takes that one running away.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I loathe Last Kiss, the same way I always hated when the Dead played Dancing in the Streets. Ugh.

For some good concert footage, check out this from a show in England last summer. Click on the Live at Reading Festival link: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/5/7759

Draft saved Draft deleted