1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Jam fans: Are they going to start playing Brother live?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Det. Jimmy McNulty, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Torrent sites are your friend.

I've only seen PJ a few times and that was when a band I co-managed was opening for them. It was cool to see sons of Bob Dylan and John Lennon hanging out with Eddie V.

2. Which sites would be a nice addition, BGZ. I can't find any Ed solo shows on Dime.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Fatal is a Stone song. So Ed does not play it live. Agree it should be in heavier rotation for the full band shows.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Can't say I didn't warn you. :)

I've heard about this song, The End, but I'm consciously avoiding it and any other new songs. I watched the debut of "Got Some" on Conan, but I'm not seeking out bootleg leaks of other songs.

I prefer to take in a new album as fresh as it can be. Or at least try to. That's just me, though.

As for copies of recent Ed shows, I haven't been able to find any from this most recent tour. I've been able to acquire most every show from the April 2008 tour -- except, sadly, the one show I happened to attend.

5. Bad Guy Zero

Traders Den has an audience recording of Ed's 6.14.09 Baltimore show. Check out Zomb. They have a lot of PJ and a handful of Vedder shows as well. There's also a soundboard of a Mike Watts show from 1995 where his backing band is Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl, Pat Smear, and William Goldsmith. I hope that helps you out.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I was at the first show at the Ryman and the second show in Atlanta. Overall I liked the Ryman show better, I think it was longer and the banter with the crowd was much better, but both were very, very good.

7. O. M. G. Saw Watt open for Dino Jr in Charm City in May. Awesome.

8. Bad Guy Zero

FYI: There's an audience recording of Vedder's 6.12.09 show in Darby, PA [Night two at Tower Theater] that popped up on Traders Den a couple of days ago.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73833

EDIT: I downloaded this torrent. I would say it's for completists only. Eddie sounds like he's performing in an echo tube. The crowd near the taper frequently drowns out the music and between song comments with their clapping and shouting. So be forewarned. I'll seed for a couple of weeks and then delete it off the hard drive.

9. Just to answer the "What is Eddie playing" questions somewhat...I've compiled a list of the songs I heard (many repeated, obviously) in my four shows over the past week. And, having gone to Maui last year on my honeymoon, I would literally give my left nut to be at his show there at the Castle Theater tonight.

Pearl Jam: You’re True, Sometimes, Thumbing My Way, Gone, Driftin’, Betterman, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Porch, Wishlist, Arc, I Am Mine, I’m Open, Man of the Hour, Dead Man Walking, Soon Forget, Lukin, Untitled (Got a Car…), Gone, The End

Eddie originals from Into the Wild: Far Behind, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Rise

Covers: Waling the Cow (Daniel Johnston), Brain Damage (Pink Floyd), Trouble (Cat Stevens), Poor Girl (X), Let My Love Open the Door (Pete Townshend), Society (Jerry Hannan), Hide Your Love Away (Beatles), Believe You Me (Bad Radio), The Golden State (John Doe), Throw Your Arms Around Me (Hunters and Collectors), Hard Sun (Indio), Girl from North Country (Bob Dylan), I Am a Patriot (Steve Van Zandt), Growin’ Up (Bruce Springsteen), Picture in a Frame (Tom Waits), Forever Young (Bob Dylan), Don’t Be Shy (Cat Stevens), Millworker (James Taylor), I Won’t Back Down (Tom Petty), Bobby Jean (Bruce Springsteen), ‘Till the Rivers All Run Dry (Don Williams)

10. Bad Guy Zero

"Poor Girl" is actually an X cover. Eddie performed the song with the Supersuckers on the Free the West Memphis 3 benefit album that Eddie Spaghetti put together several years ago.

11. Now noted. Eddie mentioned it in the WM3 context, but said it was recorded with John Doe and the Supersuckers. Thanks for the clarification.

12. Bad Guy Zero

In case you don't have Pearl Jam's Live at Easy Street EP there's a nice version of X's "The New World" in which John Doe joins Eddie for vocal duties.

Heh...I just realized this is my 666th post.

Raining blood from a lacerated sky!
    Bleeding its horror
    Creating my structure
    Now I shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted