1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Harbor ... 9/11 ... UL-Monroe 21, Alabama 14 ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Terence Mann, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sarah: When life gives you AIDS, make LemonAIDS.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'd say Saban's decision to suspend his best player for a whole game until the Tide was losing at halftime of said game was a little AIDS-y.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Loved this reader comment:

I’d agree with Saban that this is on the same level as a 9/11 or a Pearl Harbor. You know, just one step below when Dale Sr. died, or that time the Golden Corral in Tuscaloosa burned down.

Comment by Dawg 05 — November 20, 2007 @ 2:49 pm

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nice. :D :D

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

After hearing the full text of Monday's press conference, when he went off on the reporter and sarcastically suggested the coaches should sugarcoat the players, I thought "Shit, Michigan needs THIS guy on its staff"...

Just kidding. It's football, Nick.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So very well-done, on ALL levels . . .

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

His bullshit "Don't stutter, answer the question. It's like a lie detector" comment makes me wish someone would punch him in the kidneys. WTF? His little rant abou sugarcoating it for the players didn't seem to have anything to do with the question that was asked, it was just an opportunity for him to be the big bad bully. It will be awesome when in about three years, he's quietly trolling for other jobs because he realizes even going 10-1 won't be good enough for that fanbase. I hope then when he hems and haws about whether or not he's interested in a job, someone pulls out the, "Don't stutter, answer the question, yes or no. It's like a lie detector, Nick."

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

An Alabama fan near and dear to my heart defended Saban yesterday... I just sucked it up.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I've heard several do the same.

When Bama beat Tennessee and nearly beat LSU — probably the two teams in the SEC title game — Saban was a genius. When Bama lost to MSU and ULM, Shula's players were soft and not good enough.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This person didn't see what made it offensive. "He was just saying it was like that, not that it was that."

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

People I have talked with, the Alabama fans, see nothing wrong with what he said and believe "the media" is making all the fuss only for headlines and ratings.

When he uttered the "Don't stutter" bullshit, that only reinforced their opinion and gave them hope he'd kick them around even more.

Morons.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But it's important to support your school and your coach

Draft saved Draft deleted