1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peach Belt Conference Baseball and NCBA Division II World Series......

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by JosephC.Myers, May 8, 2012.

1. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Experienced sports writer/editor (15+ years in the business before joining the Army in 2010) in the Columbus, Ga. area is available to cover this weekend's Peach Belt Conference Baseball Tournament as well as the National Club Baseball Association Division II World Series that runs from May 18-22. Also, the NCBA Division I World Series will be in town from May 25-29 as well.
    I've had stories recently published in The Montgomery Advertiser and The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Also, I've written stories for The Charlotte Observer and the Gwinnett Daily Post in the past few months, so clips and references are available upon request.
    I'm also available for other assignments in and around the Columbus area, up to and including LaGrange, Newnan and other places (possibly even Atlanta) in Georgia as well as Auburn, Opelika, Montgomery, etc. in Alabama. If you're wondering whether I'll make a road trip to cover a game for you, PM me and we'll talk about it.
    I've covered everything from local youth baseball all the way up to professional sports, so no story, feature or notebook is too big or small. If you're interested, PM me or e-mail me at josephc.myers@yahoo.com. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon......

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Bumping this with the NCBA Division II World Series starting Friday and the Division I World Series next week.
    In the past couple of weeks, I've had stories published in The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, Savannah Morning News, The Index Journal (Greenwood, SC), The Chattanooga Times Free Press and The Montgomery Advertiser, so there are plenty of clips I can provide.
    Teams in the Division II World Series include Penn State, Hofstra, Kennesaw State, Wyoming, Illinois, Maryland, the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets and Wisconsin. The Division I World Series field has Georgia, Texas Tech, Appalachian State, UC-San Diego, Utah State, Colorado State, Pittsburgh and Illinois (yes, they have teams in both World Series).
    If you're needing a gamer, feature or any kind of story from this or any other event in the Columbus, Ga., area, let me know by e-mail at josephc.myers@yahoo.com or via PM. Thanks in advance......

Draft saved Draft deleted