1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peace Be Upon You

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting intercepted conversation between the alleged masterminds of the Bhutto murder:

Maulvi Sahib: Peace be on you.

Baitullah Mehsud: Peace be on you, too.

Sahib: How are you Emir Sahib?

Mehsud: Fine.

Sahib: Congratulations.

Mehsud: Congratulations to you.

Sahib: They were our men there.

Mehsud: Who were they?

Sahib: There were Saeed, the second was Badarwala Bilal and Ikramullah was also there.

Mehsud: The three did it?

Sahib: Ikramullah and Bilal did it.

Mehsud: Congratulations again.

Sahib: Where are you?

Mehsud: I am in Makin. Come, I am at Anwar Shah's home.

Sahib: OK, I will come.

Mehsud: Do not inform their family presently.

Sahib: Right.

Mehsud: It was a spectacular job. They were very brave boys who killed her.

Sahib: Praise be to God. I will give more details when I come.

Mehsud: I will wait for you. Congratulations.

Sahib: Congratulations to you.

Mehsud: Peace be upon you.

Sahib: Same to you.

So much for the religion of peace.
  2. markvid

markvid Guest

Religion is their cover - they just think the rest of us are too dumb to know it.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As much as I agree with you that Islam, as practiced by millions, is a barbarous and vile culture; for hundreds of years, maybe a thousand, Christians murdered each other and sent assassins to kill princes, regularly. The Catholic church up to the reformation was also a vile institution that exploited the overwhelming majority of people on the European continent for the benefit of a few. All in the name of Jesus. Do you think as many people died in the name of Jesus as died at the behest of Joe Stalin and Pol Pot combined? I do.

These filthy, disgusting and psychopathic muslims that are doing all this killing need to be destroyed, but it is not because they are muslims but because they use religion to kill and try to impose their beliefs on others.

It's not a coincidence that missionaries accompanied explorers to the new world.
  4. This religious violence, hatred of women, and hatred of cultural evolution can be stopped by our military but no one in this country has the guts to do what it would take to destroy the hate centers in the Middle East.
  5. markvid

markvid Guest

Can't root out the scum where they hide...in mosques..it might offend someone, but when they blow up their own in them, hey, it's God's way.
  6. JR

JR Active Member

That may be the funniest thing I've read here in a long time.

Boom, can you provide us with a link to the source of this "conversation", please.

For some reason, I don't believe a single word of it.
  7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jr peace be upon you

Here is a link to story on Canada.com. It's pretty much everywhere though.

Peace be upon you in the New Year
  8. Just for the issue of fairness, her own people think it's bunk.

By Muhammad Ahmad Noorani

ISLAMABAD: "Identify your enemy, I am not your enemy, I have nothing to do with you or against you or with the assassination attempt on you on October 18," Baitullah Mehsud, the local Waziristan tribal leader conveyed this message twice to Benazir Bhutto, the PPP spokesman Farhatullah Babar claimed on Saturday.

"The top PPP leadership trusted the message," Babar disclosed, adding that it was conveyed by Mehsud through two different reliable emissaries after the October 18 assassination attempt on her life in Karsaz, Karachi.

Mehsud had conveyed to Benazir Bhutto that his activities were limited to Waziristan and were of a defensive nature. "I have neither the resources to fight outside Waziristan nor I have any plans to attack Benazir Bhutto in future," Mehsud had conveyed to the top PPP leadership.

Babar claimed that the voice recording of the alleged conversation between Baitullah Mehsud and another religious leader presented before the media on Friday by the interior ministry was ridiculous and a deliberate attempt to divert the attention of the nation from the real culprits.

He added: "We have no doubt that Baitullah Mehsud is not involved in Thursday's tragic incident. Rather, we have serious doubts against those mentioned in the letter written by Benazir to Pervez Musharraf before and after the October 18 Karsaz tragedy."

"If the government had seriously gone through the contents of the letter and had fulfilled our demand to hire the services of some foreign investigative agencies to probe into the Karachi attack, Thursday's tragic incident might have been avoided," Babar added.

“Instead of diverting the attention of the people of Pakistan towards Baitullah Mehsud, should the government hire the services of an international professional investigative agency, matters can proceed in a better direction,” Babar said.

"Now the people of Pakistan can understand when someone is trying to fool them," Babar said, adding: "If an inquiry in the murder case of Rafiq Hariri is held by international experts, it can also be held in this case to expose the conspirators."

The chief of Benazir Bhutto's security, Rehman Malik, told The News on Friday he was conveyed through a senior journalist who had directly spoken to Baitullah Mehsud that Mehsud had no enmity with Benazir and had no plans to attack or kill her.

He said that the PPP had demanded of the government to give credible evidences, if it had any, regarding the involvement of Baitullah Mehsud in the tragic incident.

He said as the security adviser to Benazir Bhutto, he still had not received any medical or enquiry report of the incident or the recording of the conversation on phone between Mehsud and his companion.
  9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I assume we'll start with the Saudis, right?

Oh wait. They're on our side. And by "on our side," I mean, "they have the oil and, therefore, they have our balls."
  10. And they let us park our military equipment on their sand ... at least they did ...
  11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

flash back a few years and that sounds a lot like the catholic church and a different continent.
  12. spnited

spnited Active Member

And exactly where in the story you linked does that conversation take place, boom?
Draft saved Draft deleted