1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PC gone amok, part 7652

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Touche'

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And yet so many compassionate liberals on this board throw out words like "fucktard," which is an attempt to be even harsher than retard. I'm guessing you really are deeply offended every time Doc throws out a fnord or a fucktard, right Fenian? And you PM him and tell him so, right? And you have no use for him, right?

And you'd better be deeply offended by JR's use of "mouthbreather" and call him on it.

Oh, that's right. They're liberals, so it's OK. I'm betting Wilbon is also a liberal when it comes to politics, so you probably need to give him a pass.

For the record, I don't even think he should have apologized the first time.

3. Deeply, deeply offended.
    A little hot-water will get the paste off your lips, big fella.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Poin, et al, do you use "retard" in your stories?

Stand up for what you believe in and do it, just as Wilbon let it slip in his chat. Put your theories into practice. Because if you don't, you're making an empty argument.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In Wilbon's half-hearted defense, an off-the-cuff chatroom environment is a little different from a full-on story edited by professionals. Not saying that he was right to do it, though I confess to using all sorts of decidedly improper words in my outside-the-fourth-estate communication, but just that the circumstances are a little different.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Gosh, you sure know a lot about paste. Experience, I take it.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of you are pissed you can't use something as offensive as retard in everyday conversation. That is so gay.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm going to use "mouthbreather". That one seems to pass the JR test, he uses it all the time. A person, due to medical problems (usually with the sinuses or nose), forced to breath via the mouth. This leaves the jaw hanging open at most times, which has a tendency to make a person look dopey or spacey.

Oh, the hilarity of calling people mouthbreather.

The irony of JR using that epithet, in a post chastising about political correctness, will be lost only to him.

9. That's a winner.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Everyone's a winner!

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Poindexter was much more amusing when he was posting his anti-Muslim nonsense. Now he's just thick as a brick.

Yes, "mouthbreather" is an insult the same way "retard" is. And as was pointed out a "fag" is just a cigarette.

Draft saved Draft deleted