1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PBS' 'Sherlock'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Brilliant show. The first of three 90-minutes episodes premiered tonight. You can watch it at the link below. Well worth the time.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1619685888

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Premiered on BBC in the winter. The guy who plays Watson (Martin Freeman) is incredible. More of these are in the works allegedly.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

As a side note, Martin Freeman will also be Bilbo Baggins in Jackson's version of "The Hobbit". Oddly, our PBS station didn't carry this last night. We got one of the new series of Wallander films with Kenneth Branagh.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I made sure my schedule was clear (like that's hard to do on a Sunday night) so I could watch this undisturbed. Boss calls just as Watson's backstory is being explained, then mom calls while they're investigating the scene with the lady in pink. These were only the two biggest scenes as far as establishing the Holmes character.

Thanks for posting the link so I could get the little tidbits I was forced to miss.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Finally got around to watching the third ep last night. The cliffhanger ending had me rolling. I can't decide if it was absolutely brilliant or incredibly cheesy, but it definitely made an impression.

6. doogie448

doogie448 Member

Brillant.

If you liked this, you need to check out Doctor Who, which Moffatt is in charge of now and Jekyll, which is on Netflix. Jekyll is scary brilliance.

Draft saved Draft deleted