1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PB&J in the NBA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by typefitter, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Bill - we don't work together anymore, you can't just take our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches idea and have one of your staff write it for another website. It's not yours." - ESPN

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If it hasn't already been pointed out, the "tall men eating sandwiches" tag at the top is a nice touch. Because you want to be able to see all your tall men eating sandwiches discussions at once.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks to this thread (and the story), I went out and bought a fresh jar of Skippy (crunchy), some bread and some jelly. Fixed a sandwich for dinner tonight. It was wonderful. Bread was very fresh. Great combination of flavors.

We have a peanut butter maker at work. I need to take advantage of that, stash some jelly in my mini-fridge.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What kind of bread did you use?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Whole wheat

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I generally use the soft Pepperidge Farm multigrain light. I really want white bread.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't eat chewy white sandwich bread on anything else, but on PBJ it's the only way to go.

cranberry and FileNotFound like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Depends what you're going for.

I like a more substantial bread. I also don't go overboard on the peanut butter. And in that case the bread can better withstand an onslaught of jelly.

Wegmans has the same thing, and it just adds to the reasons I'm in love with the place.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

White bread is awful, you racists.

cjericho likes this.
  10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Potato roll. Toasted. Or, potato bread with an extra layer of peanut butter on top.

Crunchy Jif. Extra crunchy of any brand if available.

Concord grape Smuckers.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is PB&J the best sandwich when you have the munchies? Always thought it was taylor ham and egg.

Draft saved Draft deleted