1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PB&J in the NBA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by typefitter, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rye bread, with seeds, is strong but tangy chewy-crusted sourdough is the clear No. 1.

ChrisLong likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sourdough is fabulous, but IMHO more for cheese sandwiches than PB&J.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

White bread and absolutely must be Skippy; no crunchy.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Must have been over a year ago, because it was before we had our daughter, but I'm driving home, and my wife is working late.

I'm kind of hungry, but I know there isn't much food in the house.

I don't know what I want or what I might pick up on the way home, but somehow I decide I'm going make myself a peanut butter and jelly on toast. And, I never eat PB&Js.

So, I get home, and there's no bread. And there's not much else to eat either. Besides, now I have my heart set on a PB&J.

So, I find some big flout tortillas, and I think, "I can make this work." So I throw a tortilla on a griddle to heat it up and start to build a peanut butter and jelly burrito.

Turned into a big disgusting mess. Worst BB&J ever.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I loved the shade on Crustables in the article. Those things aren't fit to feed to dogs or D-League players.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm a big sourdough fan, I used to make my own. Never thought of it for PB&J, will have to give it a whirl. Always gone with white or wheat and I'm a crunchy fan. Jelly flavor not important.

Haven't had one in ages. Found a jar of PB in my cabinet last night that I bought in Maryland - more than three years ago. Still smells fine. That shit ever go bad?

Tweener likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Moddy, it's full of preservatives. Or plastics. Or maybe both. It will outlive the cockroaches after a nuclear war.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Peanut or almond butter and jam (I also use honey) works great on a multi grain English muffin.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those melt in a jersey pocket or pack during the summer. You can grab a couple of PB&Js at the aid station, eat one as you're leaving and save the other for the halfway point to the next fuel stop. PB&Js and GUs, I've done six 100 mile bike rides and one marathon.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The bread for a PB&J is wheat. That's right, suckas. I said it. Good ole fucking glutenous wheat.

Get a bowl, and you mix the peanut butter and jelly together into a spread before putting on the sandwich.

Separate = Horrendous. Together = Bliss.

---------

The local Panera Bread named a sandwich after my son. It goes like this:

Fresh white bread.

Peanut butter mixed with a quarter packet of hot chocolate.

Stir to combine.

Eat it and cry tears of joy.

Donny in his element and Ace like this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What in the hell is wrong with you??
    First, you don't need to dirty a separate bowl to mix peanut butter and jelly.

Is the Panera Sandwich named the Junior Diabetes?

LongTimeListener, wicked and UPChip like this.
  12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Uh. You do if you want to lick the bowl.

WTF is wrong with YOU ?!?

Draft saved Draft deleted