1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pawlenty drops out of race

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Geigh!

2. printdust

printdust New Member

I'll tell you what it is. It's not a dislike, it's a policy. And with the vast majority in that category, it's that or nothing. It's that and who cares what else. This country is going to hell in so many directions that they'd just as soon have politics as usual as long as they get that issue resolved. With most of them, the radicals who honk when the cameras are around, it's the only issue. Like I said, we could have a magic man or woman who heals all wounds but if he's pro-traditional family, well to hell with him or her.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

And certainly you know all this from actually speaking to them. From hearing their opinions one to one.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Actually, that story was debunked. The coroner says the partner never asked, and Amigas Latinas, on its Facebook page, said the partner was never denied.

Not to say that the coroner might have elected NOT to release the body to the partner (though the woman's aunt, not her partner, was listed as next-of-kin), citing DOMA, but in this case that's not how it went down.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you understand the concept of an interest group?

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

More than that, I doubt she wants the actual accountability that comes with being President. Maybe she did at one point (she was a state governor, after all). But once she got on the big stage and saw that she could make a lot more money and get in a lot more free shots as a celebrity while not having to deal with the burdens of accountability, she found that scenario far preferable.

Right now, she's got it VERY good, far better than she ever had it when she was in elected office. She has to maintain the guise of possibly running for President to stay relevant and keep her fans energized. But I'd be shocked if she actually ran.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

But oh my, what a clean whistle he is. Or has.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You forgot one big bullet point: No state income tax, which like most of the other bullet points, long-preceded the well-coiffed one.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Interest group stands for an issue; it doesn't make it "a you're either for me or you're a hate mongering bigot" thing.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Debunked or not, does that require marriage? Not necessarily.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Or you can go here and read some truth: http://www.politicalmathblog.com/?p=1590

Draft saved Draft deleted