1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pauly Shore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Re: Pauley Shore

On a slightly serious note, I grew up in the town that In The Army Now, I think that was the name of it, was filmed. Shore was tossed from many of the strip clubs for groping dancers. I even think he was arrested once. Freaking weeze. I'd like to know if he is either sorry for his past discressions or if he feels like he's owed it for doing some of the crappy movies he has.

By the way, Pauley Shore is Dead....... GREAT movie.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I really thought somebody had started a thread a left off the "RIP" for Mr. Shore. That was the only reason I could imagine seeing his name on a thread title. So Angola!, I hope you don't lose any sleep knowing that interview will be __ minutes of your life you will never get back.

:)

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Certainly one of the most inspirational titles of recent decades. ::) ::)

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can ask him how so much is accomplished with so little talent.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Ask Pauly about the last time he wheezed the juice.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ask Pauly why he isn't funny.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'll resist tempation and give you a serious response. I think his parents owned or ran The Comedy Store, so he grew up around some comedy legends. Maybe you could tactfully ask him if he feels like he lived up to his upbringing as a comedian. I'd ask him what it's like to attend Beverly Hills High when so many of the kids there turn out to be celebrities. Is it hard to poke fun of yourself and take so much flak from others or does the money and fame, etc. make it worth it? How pissed was he when Drama got him kicked out of the Playboy Mansion?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Matt Leinert is jealous of all the prime, tight SoCal p*$$y Paulie has gotten over the years., So am I.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Good work, again, CI.

You da man.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He's talked pretty openly about his youth. His mother was always having the comedians from her club staying at the house, late night parties, drugs, drinking etc.

Here's his mini bio from IMDB:
    Stand-up comic Pauly Shore (né Paul Montgomery Shore) tasted super-stardom in 1990 when his precedent-setting MTV show "Totally Pauly" (1990) hit the airwaves to major fan approval. The show ran for four years, opening the door wide for him for television and film roles. In 1993, he wrote and starred in a one-hour HBO television special, Pauly Does Dallas (1993) (TV), which drew in even more loyal fans.

He had roles in films from 1988, providing supporting comedy relief, but it was the wildly popular Encino Man (1992), partnered with Sean Astin and Brendan Fraser, that put Pauly squarely on the map. Manic showcases followed, including Son in Law (1993), In the Army Now (1994), Jury Duty (1995), Bio-Dome (1996) and The Curse of Inferno (1997), but his lunacy was dismissed as crude, dumb and, for the most part, unfunny. His film career quickly tanked. This downhill spiral was not helped by the failure of his failed Fox sitcom "Pauly" (1997) in 1997. Lambasted unmercifully by both critics and media alike, he was soon becoming a running joke and forced to lie low and ride out the storm. He provided voices in animated features such as _Casper: A Spirited Beginning (1997) (V)_ and An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000) (V).

In better days, his first comedy album, "The Future of America," was named Best Comedy Album by the college music journalists in 1991, while the National Association of Record Merchandisers nominated his second album, "Scraps from the Future," for a Best Sellers Award. His third album, "Pink Diggly Diggly," was taped live at his mother Mitzi Shore's famed Los Angeles improv club The Comedy Store, where Pauly received his stand-up comedy initiation.

Pauly has made do in recent years as a recurring guest on Howard Stern's late-night show, as well as David Letterman's and Craig Kilborn's talk shows. And, of course, he tours the country with his stand-up act. He's been surrounded by show business all his life. In addition to mother Mitzi, father Sammy Shore was a well-known comedian who once opened for Elvis Presley during the Vegas years, while older brother Peter Shore has delved into producing/directing TV endeavors. In a career that skyrocketed quickly only to make a serious crash landing, never-say-die Pauly's latest bid for a comeback is the self-mockumentary Pauly Shore Is Dead (2003), which he directed and co-wrote.

Draft saved Draft deleted