1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paulson on the Freddie/Fannie bailout

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 8, 2008.

1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Amen brother!!

Agreed they should be sent to (In the words of Michael Bolton from "Office Space") Federal Fuck Me in the Ass Prison!!

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And fuckups to the level of Fannie/Freddie, Enron, etc., get the death penalty. The honest-to-God, no-fooling death penalty. As in, you get the death sentence, they take you outside and there's a lethal injection van waiting.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

On your way to the voting booth in November, just ask yourself how it is possible that we have this problem land in our laps and we haven't the slightest clue how much it's going to cost. Then do the sensible thing and don't give any incumbent on your ballot a vote. None of 'em. We can't keep re-electing these fools and expect different results.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Another open-ended order.

And the whores keep getting paid.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yeah?
    My parents went through it.
    It was called the Great Depression. People starved.
    You think it's a freaking joke?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Despite the recent oil-related bounce, the dollar's confetti because of the war, Fredo's dullard tax policies -- and crap such as this.

Rock and a hard place.

You can postpone the Day of Reckoning, but it's damned expensive, and it only makes the eventual
    Day of Reckoning exponentially worse.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Does it look like I'm "freaking" laughing?

I don't care if there is a depression. I don't care if people today starve. I certainly think "we" deserve it, and I don't think it's fair to add even more ?billions/trillions? of debt onto future generations - which is exactly what we are doing.

What gives the government the right to sweep this shit under the rug to saddle future generations with this crap? I don't care if the economy goes in the shitter. Its already there now, you just don't know it because its all on the credit card. The United States runs roughly a billion dollars a day deficit - give or take a few trillion. Too big to fail? Fuck you. I don't need to prop up these ponzi schemes, and I certainly don't think my future grandchildren should have to pay for it.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I believe we also need to hold the people accountable who've screwed us over time and time again. Here's a link you can use to bitch to your representative. How many of us care enough to use it? Not nearly enough.

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Damn straight.

I'm well-aware of what NOT bailing out FM/FM might well mean . . . but
    folks responsible have to hang for this, and not just the take-a-shot creeps who ran the Countrywides of this world.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I'm all for holding the people responsible for Fannie and Freddie and not giving them millions to walk away.
    But Bear Stearns didn't just collapse because of mismanagement. There was a lot of that, but it basically collapsed because the market drove it to collapse. The crisis of confidence killed that company; it still had billions on its balance sheet.
    So what is Poindexter's solution to that?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The crisis in confidence occurred because they had shit on their balance sheet due to poor management decisions. The weak should fail. Unnecessary risk-taking should be punished.

How many companies does this country have that are "too big to fail"? 10 more? 100 more? You know for damn sure we aren't at the end of Daddy government coming to the rescue. I'm tired of it. It not what I want for my grandchildren. And that those responsible (management) have been obscenely rewarded for making this clusterfuck is a rotten cherry on top of a rotten cake.

I want the weak to fail, not be propped up by our government.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My generation can't wait for all you baby boomer fuckups to get too old to keep fucking things up for us, I know that.

Draft saved Draft deleted