1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paulina Gretzky, golf enthusiast

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 4, 2014.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Similar to Spencer Grammer, it's odd how much it doesn't bother me.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Have to say Paulina's pretty damn hot (didn't realize she even had a face). But am I the only one who thinks it's absurd that one of the nation's leading golf magazines hasn't had a female golfer on the cover in SIX years?! Not that I have a problem with Ms. Upton or the Golf Channel anchor on there.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Inbee Park. Yani Tseng. Stacy Lewis ... IIRC, the last three top-ranked women's golfers in the world.

Hey, I'm not pretending the LPGA moves the needle the way the PGA Tour does, but none of these in the last six years? Did they even give Annika Sorenstam time of day, other than when Vijay Singh shot off his mouth about her when she played at Colonial about a decade ago?

Yet, they put Paulina Gretzky on the cover. Shouldn't be surprised, but makes one wonder who is calling the shots with the publication.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. Or how about Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel, the aforementioned Brittany Lincicome or Lexi Thompson?

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And what ever happened to Natalie Gulbis? Wasn't my cup of tea, but haven't heard that name in quite some time.
    ETA: Her most recent notable achievement seems to be contracting malaria while in Singapore for a tournament.

Draft saved Draft deleted