1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Stanley misses KISS concert due to heart ailment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Maybe Christine Sixteen did a number on Paul

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There are no fees....

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

That's a trio? It's Gene Simmons and two guys pretending to be Ace Frehley and Peter Criss.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, good point. Who are those other two guys? That's not Tom Thayer who used to play for the Bears is it? Was Vinnie Vincent busy playing a Ramada Inn in Kansas City or something?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how pissed off I'd be if I paid to see KISS and got Gene Simmons and two schmoes.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Eric Singer has been a replacement Kiss guy for years.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bruce Kulick was too busy re-arranging his sock drawer to play guitar.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

KISS is a marketing device.

You buy a ticket, you get four (or, I guess, three) guys in makeup and fireworks.

That's what you bought.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This is true and he did a fine job taking over for Eric Carr in the early 90s.

Wearing Peter Criss makeup is just wrong though.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As long as Simmons and Stanley are with the band, it's truly Kiss. As long as Daltrey and Townshend are with the band, it's the Who. As long as it's Mike Love and Bruce Johnston, it's...um, not quite the Beach Boys without any Wilsons.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Singer has also played with Alice Cooper and had a band years ago, Badlands, with former Ozzy guitarist Jake E. Lee.

And Tommy Thayer was in the B-division '80s hair metal band Black 'n' Blue (anyone remember "Hold on to 18" and "Autoblast"?) and then serving as Kiss' guitar tech when there became a need to replace Ace Frehley.

I know, I know way too much about this stuff; I'm just trying to help.

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

Stanley's 55 now? Geez, time flies. Didn't realize he was that old. Can you still move good enough to play concerts at that age?

Draft saved Draft deleted