1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Simon arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 28, 2014.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Probably should change the thread title. Putting aside the horrific "arrested for" construction, the story has been updated and Simon was not charged with a domestic violence crime.

Both he and Brickell were charged with disorderly conduct.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He should have gotten down on his knees, and begged her to please come home.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

When did Paul Simon turn into Burt Young?

[​IMG]

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

He must have finally found out they quit making Kodachrome and took it out on her since his mother is dead.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Over the phone, New Canaan police told NBCConnecticut on Monday morning that Simon was arrested on "some sort of a domestic violence charge."

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sources say he flipped out when she posted a selfie with a Bohemian.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's kind of funny is that last fall Simon did a concert to honor New Canaan's
    first responders.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Apparently, they were BOTH arrested: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/celebrity-news/singer-paul-simon-and-wife-edie-brickell-arrested-after-domestic-dispute/article18306617/#dashboard/follows/

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think that happened after the Ray Rice incident, as well. It seems fairly common?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Punch her in the head, Ed.
    Kick her in the knee, Lee.
    Fuck her in the can, Stan.

11. franticscribe

Editor's Note: New Canaan Police initially told NBC Connecticut Simon was facing a domestic violence charge, but now say the singer was charged with disorderly conduct.

12. franticscribe

I don't know that I'd describe it as common but it's also not unusual. I'd estimate about 10 percent of the cases I handled during the year I was exclusively working on domestic violence involved dual arrests. The dual arrest cases generally fell into one of three categories. 1) Cops arrived and there was legit evidence both parties had been aggressors at some point in the confrontation. Think each has a black-eye, or cut, etc. 2) Cops arrived and there was no physical evidence that either party was the aggressor and both of their stories were plausible. Think no one is hurt and the confrontation likely amounted to a lot of shouting and some minor physical contact 3) Cops arrived and one party has major injuries, the other party has minor injuries, both say the other was the aggressor and the cops don't feel like making the obvious call.

Draft saved Draft deleted