1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patty Smyth ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

... is not dead.

... has never been in my kitchen.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

All I know is that I once fell off a table at a night club trying to get a better look at a young Patty Smyth.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Warrior was off Scandal's first real album. Goodbye to You was off their debut EP.
    However several years later she returned to the Top 10, dueting with Don Henley on "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough"

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Perhaps along these lines, shotty?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah ... but hotter.

She was smokin' that night. Tiny white skirt and top. Remember admiring it as I tumbled to the floor.

6. No way Patty Smyth belongs in the hall, but her solo album, "Never Enough" is an underappreciated gem.

I remember watching her on Letterman many years ago, entranced by her cuteness.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Turned 50 one month ago today. :eek: :eek:

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

He thinks she belongs in the HOF.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Scandal was part of my first concert -- Hall & Oates at Summerfest '83.

Goodbye To You is a good song, and I heard Love Has Got A Line On You -- an 80s Milwaukee radio favorite (Milwaukee loved Scandal for some unknown reason) -- on XM last weekend for the first time in ages.

That said, Patty Smyth doesn't belong in the RnR Hall Of Fame anymore than I do. Though the lyrics for The Warrior belong in the worst lyrics HoF.

For that matter, Patti Smith doesn't belong in the HOF fame either. That RnR HOF's version of NYSportsJournalists.com leading that charge.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

"No Mistakes" is an outstanding song.

and I can't believe it took 14 posts before someone refererenced "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough." What, was I the only one here playing that CASSINGLE over and over again as I drowned my sorrows in Mountain Dew and pined for my first love in the summer of 1992? Huh? Oh. I was.

Patty also inspired a classic Beavis and Butthead riff. They're watching Goodbye To You and...

Butthead: "Is that Pat Nebatar?"
    Beavis: "No way dude. It's that chick that made love to Dan Henley."

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In the summer of '92 I was pining for Sophie B. Hawkins and then found out she was lesbian as all get-out.

12. Goodbye to this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted