1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patton to Colorado: C-U Later

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Re: Patton to CU: CU later

The next coach they bring in better go through the Big 12 like crap through a agoose.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

It'll be interesting to see who winds up there.

Supposedly the support the basketball program receives from the administration is minimal at best.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Plati or the basketball SID? I would have loved to have seen Plati's reaction if he was the guy who found it.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Should have clarified; it was the BB SID.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Travis Williams averaged something like 12 points per game as a 7-2 center for a 1A high school in rural Kansas. We're talking about really small towns with graduating classes of 25. A lot of teams don't have a guy over 6-3 on the roster. I averaged 10 points per game at this level as a 5-10, pass-first point guard and one or two local NAIA schools told me I could come try out if I wanted to. But Roy Williams had the ego to think he could turn this guy into a player when anyone who had ever seen the guy play for more than five minutes knew he was a D-2 prospect at best. I guess a recruiting class with Roberston, Paul Pierce and Billups, all McDonald's All-Americans, would have just been too much for Roy.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Passed his ACT, academically ineligible as a freshman, redshirted as a soph, apparently gone after that.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Thanks dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted