1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patterson is sworn in, admits affairs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not just blind men - blind squirrels also find acorns legend has it.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Don't forget the junior senator from New York who reportedly likes to have flings with women -- much like her husband........

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I bet you're green with envy.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I genuinely don't believe she swings that way.

So far as I know.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not only is it supposed to be spelled Paterson, it is spelled Paterson. His name is Paterson. Like the city in N.J.

But this is just a journalism board. We can spell bukkake. Other words and names give us trouble.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Or the guy with the Hulk in his avatar who likes to have flings with men...... reportedly. I mean it is just that easy to throw shit against the wall.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What exactly is "trust"? "Trust" is just another catchphrase/slogan, designed to distract voters from the real important issues.

Did he promise his wife he would be faithful on his wedding day? Sure. Nobody's perfect. Any politician can make a mistake, whether it's getting caught with a hooker, or picking his nose in church. The problem I have is that we, as a country, do not have our priorities straight. Like I said, this country has major problems right now. And we spend more time worrying about who's sleeping with who, or what that crazy Britney is doing, then worrying about the kids who are going to bed hungry each night.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wait, the Hulk has three-ways?
    That is so totally awesome.
    Bruce Banner: You will so like me when I get angry
    Dino Matos: Really?
    Hillary Clinton: Really?
    Hulk: Smash
    Hulk:

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In other words, you just want to rant and don't even want to try to underestand anybody else's point of view.

This is not some idiot pop star. This is somebody who is supposed to be doing something about things like kids going to bed hungry each night. And there he was, swearing to do his part for the people of New York in one breath and then telling us all that he broke his marriage vows in the next. It's not a story because it is titillating. It is a story because it speaks to the man's integrity. And the fact that you don't know the difference speaks to your own issues.

Why do you think he came forward now? Because he knew people would dig and he knew somebody would find out. And he knew that when it happened, if he had hidden his "mistake," it would have interfered even more with his ability to do his job.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

So maybe HE should resign, too? Personally, I'd rather see Joe Bruno as governor of New York. But that's just me. :)

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Now, now, Joe let's get the story right. The Gov was only accused of OFFERING ANOTHER FAN MONEY if the fan could hit a referee with a snowball. I.E. -- "Bet you can't hit that cheating bleep with a snowball!"
    I prefer to see this as an example of his keen knowledge of the value of economic incentives. Sure, he could have just GIVEN the fan money, but what would have become of the man's self-esteem? Rewarding him for executing such a difficult task -- that's empowerment at its best.
    Ed Rendell is a true visionary.

Draft saved Draft deleted